Current Vacancies at Mr Binman are listed below.
If you wish to apply for any of the roles, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Operative / Binman Helper
Job Purpose: The Binman (Helper) is responsible for collecting and tipping of waste in a safe and appropriate manner. You must conduct all activities according to the delivery and collection schedule and all relevant policies and procedures.
The Binman (Helper) must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures. Along with the driver follow a pre-planned route to customer locations for the collection of waste and to delivery back to the assigned transfer station.
The Binman (Helper) must also deal with residents and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner by directing them to the driver to resolve issues. This includes receiving complaints about schedules and quality of service.
Failure to safely operate equipment may lead to injury and possibly loss of life.
After successful completion of probation the Helper may be afforded the opportunity by the Company to train as a Rigid Truck Driver.
- Assist the driver in performing daily safety and maintenance checks as per daily inspection sheet
- Document any requirements for maintenance or repairs in the daily inspection sheet
Bin Collection Routes
- Must have full knowledge of Bin Collections routes assigned to them
- Prior to leaving depot, with the driver to check if there are any customer related dockets issued for their attention
- Collect waste from residential buildings, businesses and other facilities according to set policies and procedures
- Operate lifting equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Assist the driver in reversing the bin lorry and in other areas were movement of lorry may be difficult.
- Clean trucks as scheduled an/or required
- Report any defects bins or issues with collection at customer sites
Health and Safety
- Wearing of assigned Personal Protection Equipment and Clothing
- Ensure trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored
- Ensure the driver is in view at all times
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Highlight to Management any difficulties in relation to servicing a customer
- Practice workplace safety
- Obey site rules on customer sites and third party facilities
*Applicants must have full driving license and own transport
This list is not meant to be all inclusive, but merely capture the main elements of the role at a high level.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Performance bonus